Our ControlLogix® and GuardLogix® 5580 family of controllers use the Studio 5000® design environment as the standard framework that optimizes productivity, reducing time to commission. This framework manages Integrated Motion over EtherNet/IP for high-speed motion applications and SIL2/PLd and SIL3/PLe safety solutions. It can also help you create more competitive operations with:
Common plant-wide control
ControlLogix 5580 controllers provide multi-discipline control for discrete, motion, process and safety applications.
A simplified architecture
Our Logix offerings work together in what we call our Integrated Architecture® offering. It helps you keep costs down and reduce system complexity.
The ControlLogix 5580 controller incorporates security mechanisms like centralized authentication and access control to help keep your systems secure. We have also received ISO 27001 certification to help protect intellectual property – both ours and yours. And our vulnerability-management process aligns to IEC 29147 and 30111.
The ControlLogix 5580 portfolio expansion is enabled through the Studio 5000 Logix Designer® version 33 software release, and it showcases our commitment to meet customer performance needs and industry applications by introducing the 5580 controller redundant capability and the following new controllers: process, extreme temperature, and no stored energy.
Key features and benefits:
- Enables benefits of a ControlLogix 5580 controller architecture
- Access to next generation I/O
- Provides the basis for our Process controllers
- Enhanced productivity features such as onboard display, 2GB Secure Digital (SD) card
- One firmware for all solutions, standard and redundant
- Never experience a memory penalty for enabling redundancy
- For industries such as Food & Beverage, Oil & Gas, Chemical, Plastics, Life Sciences, Metals & Mining
- Incorporates the functionality of standard controller including motion and conformal coating
- Tight integration with PlantPAx® 5.0 system reduces the need to import Add-On Instruction
- Subscribe and receive diagnostic information through FactoryTalk® View Site Edition without additional programming
- Operation from -25…+ 70 °C (-4…+158 °F)
- Convection cooled design
- Maintains same product certifications as the standard product
- Tested to ANSI/ISA-S71.04-1985; Class G3 standards
- No Stored Energy controller
- For use in hazardous zone applications such as underground mining and refineries requiring energy discharge to less than 200uJoules
Inquiry - Allen Bradley PLC ControlLogix 5580 Controllers